July 28, 2009

For Yoga, for Cycling, for Climbing, for Living:
PrAna's Erin Top and Bliss Capri Pants

Finding clothing that takes me easily from yoga to cycling to a casual dinner with friends is not easy. I need clothes that move with me while still flattering my figure and maintaining a certain level of modesty. I don't have the long lean body that you may think of when you think yogi/climber. Think less Cirque du Soleil and more Mary Lou Retton. I am short, muscular, and curvy. I am lucky to have found new wardrobe staples from PrAna that answer my needs.

An issue I come across when searching for tops is finding the right amount of support for the girls. Many brands design tops with adequate sports bras built in but they scoop too low thus don't work for yoga or anyone larger than a C cup. Another problem is finding a top that doesn't fall forward (yay everyone look at my tummy!!!) in inversion poses or fit so snug I feel like a wee little sausage in it. I love the PrAna Erin top because it addresses all these issues.

Made from 89% recycled polyester and 11% Spandex the Erin Top has superb moisture management so I never worry about a little perspiration from my bike ride. The built-in shelf bra is combined with a modest (yet not constricting) neckline. Coupled with a cute contrasting racer back style I have full support for the girls. I never worry about a wardrobe malfunction during inversions or a bumpy bike ride. Also, the stomach area of the top is perfect! It stays in place but it's not so snug that you can make out exactly where my belly button is.

The Bliss Capri Pantscompliment the Erin Top perfectly but have also become my go to pants for everything. I wear them to work, to the park, for hanging out with my fella, to going out to dinner. The length is perfect on my 5'2" frame to wear as an ankle length pant. For taller ladies this would be a true capri. The fabric is light weight but ready for climbing or other abrasive activities. The fabric also dries quickly. With the recent storms we've had in Colorado I have come to appreciate how important this is. The drawstring waist allows for a custom fit and stays where you put it (there's nothing worse than having to re-tie your pants all day). I also like the deep pockets, very convenient when you ride your bike everywhere.

I really can't say enough about how much I love these two items. After going through the wash about five times so far both have held their color and shape and no pilling! I plan on purchasing the Erin Top in multiple colors and probably a few pairs of the Bliss Capri Pants as well. After all, when you find a good thing, go with it!

No comments: