December 20, 2011

1,000 Happy Families for Christmas

One of things that is filling my heart with the Christmas Spirit is a simple wish on a child's list. My friends Brad and Vera are two of the most amazing people I have ever had the luxury of meeting. In their presence you feel an energizing peace. Even more so when you see them talk about their children, read the stories of their kids and know they're raising some amazing little spirits.

Their daughter, M, continues to grow into a empathetic and charismatic young lady. This is evident by the amazing wish on  her Christmas list asking for "1,000 Happy Families for Christmas". It brought tears to my eyes when I read this and more so when Brad and Vera began a Facebook group to "gift" their daughter. To show her that 1,000 Happy Families is possible. Right now they're about halfway there and with a few days to go, I know we can find another 500 Happy Families for Christmas. 

If you know me, you know I'd never ask you to like a Facebook page that wasn't important. This is deeply important. Help us show M that in this crazy world happy families are still celebrating the holidays. I think you'll find being a part of something so incredible will not only benefit a child and her family, but you too. 



No comments: