December 12, 2011

Review: Timberland Canard Pull-On Waterproof Boot

Timberland has been a well-known name in outdoor footwear for a long time. Even though I was a late bloomer to the outdoor world Timberland was a brand I knew of as a child. Perhaps that's because their high-quality footwear is approachable. From casual shoes to more technical boots they're easy to recognize and most people would feel comfortable buying these shoes. You don't have to be a great outdoors adventurer to feel "qualified" to wear Timberlands.

Normally I love knee high boots. I have been drooling over Timberlands broad collection of tall Women's boots in lace up and pull-on styles. However, I realized what I really needed was a boot to pull-on with jeans and yoga pants that would keep me warm and dry. I was then floored by another large collection of ankle length boots available from Timberland. I ultimately decided on the Canard Pull-On boot in black.

I love the design of this boot. They look slightly rugged with the faux fur lining (toasty!) but they also have a very streamlined look. I wouldn't hesitate to go from work to a night out in these boots. These are definitely a great fit for the urban adventurer.

I have stated a few times that my feet stay warm and dry. The waterproof construction is top notch. While the warmth is great, they're not so warm that they can't be worn all day. A plus for those of us who don't want to carry around a second pair of shoes.

The boots are usually $135, a good investment for quality boots that will see you through years of the cold weather season. I noticed they're on sale at Timberland.com right now for $99.99 so that makes them an even better deal.

No comments: