January 19, 2010

Review: Avalon Organic Botanicals Deodorant Spray

Back in June I reviewed three natural deodorants. Now, I don't want to get a reputation for being the deodorant lady however I can say that when I made the switch from antiperspirants to deodorant I felt a lot better. Turns out I like sweating, it feels natural and I no longer worry about what the side effects could be from antiperspirant use.  I had used the Burt's Bees Herbal Deodorant most often. I found the spray on formula and pleasant fragrance were a big draw. However when I went to buy another bottle of Burt's Bees the store didn't have it in stock, they did however have plenty of Avalon Organic Botanicals Deodorant Spray.  Since the Avalon came in four different scents, opposed to Burt's single variety I opted to give one a try. Below are my results.

Brand: Avalon Organic Botanical Organics - Rosemary Peppermint
How it works: Essential oils control order
Pros: Four Scents: Rosemary Peppermint, Grapefruit and Geranium, Clary Sage and Lemon, and Lavender. Good day-to-day deodorant, sprays on easily. 
Cons: Need to reapply after heavy workouts
Overall: I found for most days this worked well. I had to reply after running or biking but I have become used to that with the all natural deodorants. I found that on my heavy exercise days (aerial yoga, 50 minutes of cardio, and weight training) a simple reapplication wouldn't help. At this point you definitely want to use Action Wipes, Rocket Shower, or hop in the shower before proceeding with any socializing.

No comments: