Unfortunately, it was also a scary and sad year. In April my dad was hospitalized with pneumonia and a pulmonary embolism. I am in my thirties and while I know it's possible to lose a parent at any time, that was a firm reminder that it can happen any time. Luckily my dad pulled through but there were a few rough months following while he got his strength back.
Then as you may know, this last October I lost Murphy. My sweet Pomeranian was my best friend of 11 years, and truly the loss rocked my world. My eating habits went to Hades, my exercise routine was sporadic, and my yoga was at about 30% effort than I normally give. I gained about 8lbs. Not good.
So while 2010 was incredible, the setbacks along the way set the tone for the year "Just Keep Swimming". And I did.
Now with 2011 approaching I give it the theme "The Next Level". In this year I will:
- Complete yoga teacher training.
- Compete in another adventure race along with a few more races.
- Improve my cooking and eating habits (I've bought myself a juicer and a food steamer for Christmas in hope of improving my eating habits at home and so far they're helping.)
- Make bike commuting easier by adding a rack and trunk bag to my bike.
- Begin teaching yoga.
- Keep reading and hopefully add more books with the addition of cardio exercise accompanied by books on Mp3.
- Keep providing a good home for the kitties including the newest edition, Finn. (yeah, I know I sound like a cat lady).
- Have at least one great adventure away from home (maybe Wanderlust?)
So there my theme for 2011. They're not resolutions. No drastic changes to my life, just kicking things up a bit. What's your theme? What is going to set 2011 apart from 2010?