December 28, 2010

Chai Granola Recipe



Last week in the midst of gift giving I wanted to make something homemade and delicious but honestly was tired of the recipes I have used over the last few years. Then it hit me, most people like granola and most people I know love chai so why not combine them. I noticed there were a few recipes online but none really did it for me, so I made my own. This makes a very large batch so you may want to half the ingredients.

4 Cups Whole Oats
3/4 Cup Raw Shelled Sunflower Seeds
3/4 Cup Raw Shelled Pumpkin Seeds
1/2 Cup Flax Seed
2 TBSP Ground Cinnamon
2 TBSP Ground Nutmeg
2 TBSP Ground Cardamom
3/4-1 Cup Maple Syrup

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix together oats and seeds in a large bowl. Mix together spices in a smaller bowl. Combine oats, seeds, and spices. Once the mixture is thoroughly blended add in Maple Syrup, to taste.

Spread mixture evenly onto parchment lined baking sheets. It took three baking sheets for my large batch. Bake until golden brown, approximately 20-30 minutes depending on the oven and how well you like your granola toasted. To vary the granola you may want to add dried fruit (apples or bananas would be good).

I presented mine in cellophane gift bags and canning jars. The granola is great in yogurt, on ice cream, or with milk. Enjoy!

No comments: