November 30, 2010

I Love Wool Panties!
aka My Review of PULSE Activewear

If you've been active in the outdoors for awhile you've probably heard that wool baselayers are the best. There are a lot of options for wool shirts and longjohns and that's a pretty easy idea to wrap your head around. Wool underwear? That's a whole other story. I have a hard time not imaging itchy wool near my ladybits and cringing. Luckily I am also a knitter and I know not all wool is created equal. If you're able to get your hands on delicious New Zealand merino wool then you are in for a treat. Luckily, that is exactly what PULSE Activewear is using.

Made with PrimaSoft, the underwear and socks available from PULSE Activewear stand out from other baselayer fabrics. The fabric is naturally very soft while providing excellent moisture-wicking and staying odor resistant. I was fortunate enough to try their V-Neck Sports Bra and Fitness Thong Panty for various activities and I am impressed. I wore the set running, cycling, during yoga, and snowshoeing. They kept me dry during the most vigorous activities and I felt comfortable the whole time. I will definitely bring these on my next camping trip. I feel 100% confident they will hold up for multi-day wear based on the fabric properties and design. I also put them through a few wash cycles and they held their shape beautifully and came out just as soft, if not softer than before, and wrinkle-free.

As far as the cut of the items I tested, they really worked for me. While they have a Fitness Brief Panty available for women I am a thong girl (yes I know: "LA LA LA Too Much Information"). However, when you're frequently wearing bike shorts and yoga pants the thong is your friend. The cut of the thong is generous while still serving as a low-profile garment. I really liked the V-Neck Sports Bra. It feels feminine while still maintaining some modesty. It is also great as a layer under more low cut items.

While I am not one of the men folk, I know most of my guy friends are boxer or boxerbrief types. I have heard it isn't easy to find these in wool but PULSE offers both as well as an undershirt for men. They also offer a year-round sock for men and women.

PULSE Activewear is a great way to upgrade your existing wardrobe or would make an awesome gift for a loved one, available at http://PULSEactivewear.com/.

No comments: