March 16, 2009

Garbanzo Beans! They're not just for hummus!


I hadn't planned on posting anything today but after a great bike ride and relatively productive day I was ready for a snack. I made one of my favorite savory, crunchy treats this weekend and they hit the spot. So here it is an easy to make treat that has the satisfaction of crunchy chips or pretzels without the fat.

Baked Garbanzo Beans (aka Chickpeas)

2 - 15 oz. Cans of Garbanzo Beans/Chickpeas, drain well
2-4 Tbsp. of your favorite seasoning. I use Spike seasoning blend but have also used Cajun seasoning or garlic salt and crushed red pepper.

Preheat oven at 450 degrees. Drain the beans as much as possible, I put them in a strainer. Spread beans on a baking sheet and coat with seasoning to your own taste preference. Total bake time will be 45-60 minutes until nice and crunchy. It's best to stir them around every 15 minutes or so for even baking. Store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

WHAT???????

I can not believe I've never thought of this. Mmmmm...

I really love chick peas. I like little more than raw spinach, chick peas, ranch dressing and cucumbers all together. YUM.

I am going to do this tonight.

Tali said...

Anna, I hope you like them! I love Chickpeas sprinkled with sesame ginger dressing. Perfect snack!