February 27, 2009

A Three Cupcake Day



This year has probably been the best birthday I have had in years. After spending a wonderful evening with a good friend on Wednesday night the real birthday began on Thursday. I slept in and enjoyed some virtual birthday love via Facebook and Twitter then on to a whirlwind of activity.

I met my friends Janine and Lindsay for lunch in Boulder. We went to The Med and it was so nice to have a leisurely lunch with the girls. It's been so long since I have done that and it was like a breath of fresh air. We then sauntered over to Tee and Cakes for the first of three cupcakes.

My day continued with a little bit of volunteer time with The Women's Wilderness Institute. We're getting close to Gear and Cheer so it was time to do a preliminary walk through of the event site, Rembrandt Yard and pick up some donations. When I arrived at the TWWI office, my friend Lori had a wonderful hot pink cupcake waiting for me. This put a big smile on my face, however my teeth were hot pink from the frosting so I am sure it wasn't a very attractive smile.

Then on to the climbing wall with my friend Amber. Who arrived with a cupcake and one of those little toys that you place in the water and they grow. It's a pink cat, I can't wait to play with it! We only got in a few climbs due to a crowded wall but it was still good to get moving a bit.

Finally the last stop of the day was a wonderful dinner with my cousin Dana at Panzano. They have a wonderful four course menu for Restaurant Week and I am still full!

I am so thankful to all my friends for making it a great day! Between the virtual love to the real life festivities I am a truly a lucky girl.

2 comments:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

Yay!

Your birthday sounds wonderful. I only wish that I had been there to share it with you!

I haven't had a memorable birthday in years. Believe it or not, I don't even remember what I did this year... and it was only 6 months ago. Haha... Someday, someone will throw me a surprise party. Even if the only people to show up were my husband and children... I'd like that.

Nielle said...

so sorry I didn't get to share with you on the actual day, but hopefully our raincheck dinner will spread out the birthday fun :)